zondag 13 november 2011


This is not a postcard, but a picture I took
in front of a castle in Aarle Rixtel Holland.
The Bike is a Matchless G80 from 1957
So it's a 500cc single and did easy 60mp/h
This bike was completely restored.
UPDATE
I just had contact on email with the man who restored the bike.
and I try to tramslate as good as I can...
He wrote:Hello Peter, here a number of photo, s of the engine in the State in which I bought it. I have the photo, s reshooting with camera, because the original were already (long) erased from the computer. I'm not so handy with a computer so..... The photo, s I did use as a reminder how the everything was mounted. It was the first engine that I have fully restored. Of rebuilding the bike, I have no photo, s. It was a bit tricky frame but the rest was not to bad to do. All the time , I had a lot of  fun at the job. It took me  around 8 months to restore it. Some other bikes afterwards done, but now my interest is more to motorcycles before 1940. Whole restorations I don't  do anymore, that is (for me) become too pricey. Another thing, I believe the BSA Gold Star displayed by your (and then the CB type 1954) is one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever created (unexplained too expensive for me) I had  a very nice A7SS BSA also had a very nice bike I am not, however, and do so again. I had over the years a lot of fun doi'it.
Greetings, Andre van der Zwan

Thank you Andre for the response and it was a pity I couldn;t use the photo's of you on this blog
Here an photo of the bike in my back garden

Ridin the Matchless G80

1 opmerking:

  1. Hoi Peter.

    Via het motor forum heb ik je gevonden.

    Wat ontzettend leuk dat jij in het bezit bent van die mooi Triumph uit 1953.

    Mijn vader hat in het vere verleden ook een Triumph.
    Op het motor forum kun je lezen wat ik aan het doen ben.

    Gr Thom

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen