donderdag 29 december 2011

Yamaha XS650



I always go to a friend of mine who has a little motorcycle shop in mostly '70's bikes.
The name of the shop is: PHOENIX-AZ motorcycles

http://www.phoenix-az.nl
He's  specialized in the Yamaha XS650
So a couple of months ago, he found a barnfind.
Well he knew the bike was there, but never asked the person what he did with the bike.....
So one day He picked it up and it wasn't looking well
It stood there for over 20 years ...........
BUT......it was original and did not have many miles
To keep the story short: we cleaned it, did some new oil in it, new patrol and the bike started.
To be honest: it runs very well
So I bought it today, because I don't have a bike to work on.
Now I ask myself, shall I keep it original, or shall I make a caferacer of it?
I think I go for the first option, because even the original mirrors(and I don't like them because they so high) are on the bike.
Didn't take original photo's yet, but this type of XS is it (european style)
The only difference is: there's an American flag under the 650 on the sidepanel
Here a picture of a XS caferacer I had with a big bore 750 kit


UPDATE

Did change the XS a bit this last week
Here some pictures of what I did


First polished the engine a little bit and painted the cilinders black


Than changed the petrol tank and buddy seat


Put another rear fender and taillight on



and another mirror and signal lamps


Than other rear suspension


And yesterday chrome healight with headlight holders

Are the things I changed new parts?
No they are used parts but almost in new condition


IS IT FINISHED NOW?

NO

Need anorther chrome front fender and exhaust pipes
and mayby 18" rear wheel with drum brake

UPDATE 14-1-2012

Took this picture just a minute ago
Yes the sun is shining and it's 14-january
In the sun it's 12 degrees at the moment ??????










Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten